permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Bioswales, Open Space, Recreation - all in one place?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Bioswales, Open Space, Recreation - all in one place?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:21:14 -0600

I don't see a major difference in the ideas except scale. If you review
Global Gardener you will not that Bill Mollison highlights a swale built by
the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) back in the 30's that is still very
vibrant and working as designed. I'm not sure I recognize the difference
between a bioswale and a swale?

Scott Pittman
Director
Permaculture Institute