permaculture - [permaculture] Fodder for the spooks. Re: Fwd: [starhawk] Permaculture Education Bus Seized by Twin Cities Police at RNC

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fodder for the spooks. Re: Fwd: [starhawk] Permaculture Education Bus Seized by Twin Cities Police at RNC
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 05:23:58 -0400

lbsaltzman@aol.com wrote:
This thread has the danger of getting off topic but I have to reply to this criticism of Starhawk and the folks who were arrested.

I didn't criticize the other folks who were arrested. Was SH among them?

> Tonight distiniguished journalist Amy Goodman and her staff were arrested for no valid reason except they were journalists covering the demonstrations. There have been pre-emptive arrests as well which appear to violate the Constitution.

On reading the post of what happened to the the travelling permaculture bus,
there is a strong indication that they did nothing more than be in the wrong
place at the wrong time, as local police go about shredding the Constitution,
and arresting anybody who looks different. We unfortunately, won't always be
able to sit contendedly in idyllic Permaculture sites while the world comes
crashing down around us. We will sometimes be dragged into the fray whether
we want to or not!

Something to think about.

Here's more from St. Paul:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/09/01/vo.rnc.protest.pepper.spray.cnn

Larry Saltzman

Absolutely. What were they trying to do and where did it go wrong. I read about he peaceful
emonstrators in Denver who were driven away from their post to a side street here they were cornered, beaten and prayed with pepper; elderly people in their 80's were part of the group. This s unacceptable behavior.
o. What prompted the police (swat team) to do this?
aybe it was Starhawk exhortating the masses to rise up against their ppressors.
eing a self-styled resistance and reform leader is just not her calling.
She should join this list and learn how to live, sustainably, permaculturally
nd contribute to that pool of resources
we all share.