permaculture - Re: [permaculture] what makes black locust last so long?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jacque greenleaf <jacque_greenleaf@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] what makes black locust last so long?
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:34:41 -0700 (PDT)

So that adds another question to this topic - what makes it sprout like mad?
In a nearby town there's a house and lot that look like something in a horror
movie because of the intensive sprouting. Some of these sprouts are over 20
feet high, and the house is uninhabitable. Yet there are many perfectly
behaved black locust trees in that same neighborhood.