permaculture - [permaculture] Ragogmakan (Google) goes to the Amazon

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Harvey <johnharvey@earthlink.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Ragogmakan (Google) goes to the Amazon
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:22:13 -0500

From the Google blog: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/ragogmakan-google-goes-to-amazon.html

"The Surui call Google "ragogmakan", or "messenger", because they are using our tools to get their message out. Although we traveled to the Amazon rain forest expecting to be the teachers, there are lessons for all of us in the story of the Surui. As they engage with the modern world, they are making choices about what to adopt, adapt or reject. If we pay attention, we may have as much to learn from them as they from us."

The Surui seem to know the lesson in my sig already. Will we ever learn...?

John Harvey, Wizened Web Wizard Wannabe
“The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.” -Albert Einstein

  • [permaculture] Ragogmakan (Google) goes to the Amazon, John Harvey, 07/26/2008