permaculture - [permaculture] Bruno's Sculpture Garden - a set on Flickr

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Bruno's Sculpture Garden - a set on Flickr
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 22:51:02 -0400

very permacutural

Bruno's Sculpture Garden - a set on Flickr
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/benrobertsabq/sets/72157594468071832>

Photos from our visit in January 2007 to Bruno's Sculpture Garden in Marysville, Victoria in Southeastern Australia. The sculpture garden is a really amazing and magical garden filled with 25 years of work by sculptor Bruno Torfs.

In most cases I haven't named the works because I don't know what the names are, and didn't want to confuse people between a description of what's in the sculpture (which you can see anyway) and the 'actual' name of the work. If they have names.

We spent a good hour and a half wandering through the garden, listening to the birds singing in the trees and lush fern growth and many flowers which surround the paths and alcoves throughout. Truly one of the most amazing collections of work I've ever seen for the combination of art and environment that makes it a real experience.

We were lucky enough to meet Bruno, a charming and interesting fellow, in the
gallery while we were there.

For more info about the garden, Bruno, and his work visit his website:
www.brunosart.com/

There is a book featuring the sculpture garden works, a DVD about Bruno's
life and work, and other information on the site.

Jose Gelida has also written about the sculpture garden en EspaƱol in his
blog here.

78 photos | 9,550 views

items are from between 07 Jan 2007 & 08 Jan 2007.
Sculpture Garden & Gallery
Nina at sculpture garden entrance
Snail woman
In Bruno's Sculpture Garden
Cheers!
< Prev 1 2 Next >
(78 in set)

  • [permaculture] Bruno's Sculpture Garden - a set on Flickr, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 06/28/2008