permaculture - [permaculture] New Urban Permaculture Book from the Rhizome Collective

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "rafter t. sass" <liberationecology@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculturehudsonvalley@lists.riseup.net, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, permaculture@openpermaculture.org, Northeastern Permaculture <northeasternpermaculture@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: [permaculture] New Urban Permaculture Book from the Rhizome Collective
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:43:28 -0400

From the co-founders of the Rhizome Collective, Skotty Kellog and Stacy Pelligrew - who are also the people behind the amazing R.U.S.T. Workshop (Radicaul Urban Sustainability Training) - check out their brand-new book:

Toolbox for Sustainable City Living
A Do-It-Ourselves Guide
Scott Kellogg and Stacy Pettigrew
Pages: 256
Edition: illustrated
ISBN: 978-0-89608-780-4
Format: paperback original
Release Date: 2008-07-01

Purchase for $16.00
http://www.southendpress.org/2007/items/87804

This promises to be awesome. I've visited the Rhizome many times over the years since it's inception - from the week they acquired the property in 2000, to a month ago - and the transformation is truly incredible. I've attended, documented, and guest-taught at the RUST workshops, and they are an incredible tool for introducing large groups of people to a wide variety of accessible, practical, old-and- new technologies for urban regeneration - all in 48 hours!

Check it out...

best,
rafter

rafter t. sass