permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Saving the Honeybee Through Organic Farming

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Margaret & Steven Eisenhauer" <eisenhauerdesign@earthlink.net>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Saving the Honeybee Through Organic Farming
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:21:06 -0400

Howdy All,

We have 120 Apple trees and didn't get apples until we started keeping bees.
But we do not spray anything but compost tea. They have helped with mast
(nut) production in our woods through their pollination as well.
Bees are good to have around and I doubt they disrupt natural pollinators.
Leaving native plants in your fields will help the native pollinators as
well as not poisoning the fields.

Don't forget that natural cosmetics rely on bees wax as a base. Honey is a
natural antibiotic if it has not been heated or filtered.

I don't know why people would not keep bees.

Cheers!
eisenhauerdesign@earthlink.net