permaculture - [permaculture] Someone out there is probably saying, "I told you so" - Oil - Food crunch

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "J. Kolenovsky" <garden@hal-pc.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Someone out there is probably saying, "I told you so" - Oil - Food crunch
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:26:51 -0500

Maybe I'll get lucky and meet that person some day and we'll lament on the
stupidity (oh - let's be nice - hindsight) of mankind.

Oil Creek, PA, 1859. Man found the gooey stuff that would burn, mined it and
never looked back....until now. And....now...it's holy shit! We have to do
something about this energy dilemma (we don't want him losing too many
billions). So let's rob Pauline to pay Willie. Ethanol....yea....ethanol
will work. Yes! It did! It killed off 1 million people (satire) by
withholding food to the point of starvation but...on the other hand...the
middle class will go on being the middle class for just a little while
longer.

And....in addition to the million people dying off, so goes the cover in the
form of trees and the animals that lived in that cover.

This global warming, oil crunch, energy crisis is "the" example of
.....genocide.....homicide.......suicide or whatever term/word that would
perfectly describe it.

--
J. Kolenovsky
Peak Oil and Co2

  • [permaculture] Someone out there is probably saying, "I told you so" - Oil - Food crunch, J. Kolenovsky, 04/28/2008