permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Food Crunch

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Brent Neal <brentn@freeshell.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Food Crunch
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:02:59 -0400

On 25 Apr, 2008, at 10:45, Marimike6@cs.com wrote:
Let's further suppose that we depart pretty largely from other biofuels and
concentrate on the most efficient one-- palm oil. I see where annual production
of palm oil fuel can be 635 gallons per acre.

FYI - algae are currently producing around 5000 gallons per acre equivalent in triglycerides and are estimated to double that number as better farming techniques (photoreactors) are designed. And they don't require prime farmland. just a thought...

Brent Neal
http://brentn.freeshell.org
<brentn@freeshell.org>