permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Similarities between the Jesus Movement...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Jackson <sidgeydog@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Similarities between the Jesus Movement...
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:59:21 -0800 (PST)

On the contraception issue, read any edible, medicinal
plant book and you will find many herbs were used as
contraceptives. From what I've read about indigenous
cultures, they enjoyed a good deal of sex, but also
were very concious of cycles and of using plants to
limit population. It seems that much of this has to
do with women having more choice. I personally feel
that demonizing sex in and of itself is harmful. We
need to instead look at our cultures view of it,
especially the objectivication of women, and on the
flip side, the attitude that something as natural and
beautiful as sex is impure and harmful.