permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Similarities between the Jesus Movement a itsorigin and the Permaculture movement

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Gregory Konger <gjkonger@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Similarities between the Jesus Movement a itsorigin and the Permaculture movement
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:06:15 -0800 (PST)

Dieter wrote:

> You let her go. Is that like letting go workers when they are no
> longer needed? Fired! Or are my linguistic sensibilities in a
> language that is not my own are getting the better of me?

Seems to me, Dieter, you assume the worse about me.

She was unhappy in the marriage. She wanted sex and money, and I didn't.
She wanted to marry again. I didn't.
So, I let her go so she could find her fantasy man (which I doubt she ever
will).

I am quite happy being celibate. I truly feel closer to God for my
self-denial. Since my divorce, I actually made more lasting friendships and
acquaintances. I feel more respected by those around me at work and
elsewhere, and I can do what I want when I want without jealousy or
resentment from a spouse. I can spend more time serving God and others.

"Vital Scherrer" <vital233@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Greg,

> If you don't mind me adding my perception. Actually there are not the
> fantasies in the first place, but the sex drive, or more scientifically,
> the
> natural appetence for the conservation of the species, which gives rise to
> the fantasies.

I don't agree.

When I was a child I didn't think about sex until a neighborhood kid who was
a little bit younger than me showed me a picture of a naked woman telling me
it wasn't normal not to like it. From then on, I started dreaming lustfully
about naked woman.

I believe sex has a lot to do with "monkey see, monkey do". My sex drive in
the past when I was younger was based on curiosity and to fit into the norm.
I wasn't happy, then. I was miserable. I am a lot happier, now, since my
focus is on pleasing God and not on sensual pleasures.

Someone on this list said that young people are more sexually driven.
However, there are men a lot older than me who are more driven than most
teenagers, and they get into trouble for it. By me not watching or listening
to suggestive material and instead filling my head with non-suggestive
material, my interest in sex became non-existent. My fantasies faded away,
and I am more at peace and content with myself.

Greg Konger

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.