permaculture - [permaculture] 60 Minutes blurp on CCD

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "J Kolenovsky" <garden@hal-pc.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] 60 Minutes blurp on CCD
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:41:03 -0500

They said while CCD is not fully understood at this time, they feel the
collapse is due to pesticides, viruses, stress and loss of habitat. Bees
abandon contaminated food and contaminated hives leaving behind honey
and their young. They did show a picture of a mite but didn't go into
it.

A lot of the people I work with cuffaw at my decals, "Please do not kill
the honey bees". They are not phased about how this effects our food
supply. Maybe they are good guinea pigs for genetically modified foods
(maybe some of those safe pesticides? From Monsanto and Bayer).

At least, Congress is dumping some money into research.

--
J. Kolenovsky, habitat environmentalist
preservation of habitat / natural resources

  • [permaculture] 60 Minutes blurp on CCD, J Kolenovsky, 10/28/2007