permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Important: Organic Farming on Wikipedia]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Important: Organic Farming on Wikipedia]
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:45:03 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:23:25 +0200
From: Neil Sorensen <n.sorensen@IFOAM.ORG>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Dear All,

I recently sent an email requesting stakeholders in organic farming to
add and change content on Wikipedia regarding organic farming and food.
I'd like to reiterate that Wikipedia is now the number one search result
on google for organic farming information, a very powerful source of
information about organic.

I have been making extensive changes to organic related info on
Wikipedia recently to improve the content, but in fact Wikipedia
strongly discourages individuals from making such extensive changes.

Since my last call to SANET and many other organic lists to make
changes, I don't believe that any additions or changes were made in
response to the call.

This is a serious request that stakeholders in the organic movement take
the personal responsibility for adding and changing the content of these
pages.

Today I deleted a change from a Monsanto representative. They
systematically manipulate and change the information on these pages to
the detriment of the entire organic movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_food
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_organic_farming
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_farming
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_farming_methods
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motivations_for_organic_agriculture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_certification

Thank you for you contribution.

Neil Sorensen

--
Don't forget to submit your contribution
to the 16th IFOAM Organic World Congress taking place from

The deadline for contributions is October 15th 2007.
Please visit www.ifoam.org for more information.

``````````````````````IFOAM's mission is ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
leading, uniting and assisting the organic movement
in its full diversity. Our goal is the world wide adoption of
ecologically, socially and economically sound systems
that are based on the principles of Organic Agriculture.

__________________Uniting the Organic World__________________

Neil Sorensen IFOAM Head Office
Communications & Events Manager Charles-de-Gaulle-Str. 5
Tel.: +49-228-92650-16 53113 Bonn
Fax: +49-228-92650-99 Germany
Email: n.sorensen@ifoam.org Web: www.ifoam.org

Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflj@intrex.net
Venaura Farm http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com
Agriculture, Market Farming & Permaculture
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech

  • [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Important: Organic Farming on Wikipedia], Lawrence F. London, Jr., 09/27/2007