permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Greywater

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul d'Aoust <paul@heliosville.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Greywater
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:53:41 -0700

On Tue, 2007-24-07 at 15:13 -0700, L. Santoyo Designs wrote:
> If you come up to the Ranch sometime -you can see our tiny wetland
> system with taro, ginger, celery and water chestnuts etc...

Hi, Larry. This description of your greywater wetlands has piqued my
interest, because I never gave much thought to growing edibles in there
(frankly, I didn't know it was safe). Do you have to put the edibles
downstream of the heavyweight filter plants like cattails, or do you
just put them anywhere you please?

Paul d'Aoust