permaculture - [permaculture] ducks and stuff....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "NewNorth" <lynnann@newnorth.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] ducks and stuff....
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:35:21 -0500

Heya...All.....
When Marjory wrote asking if anyone had fall laying geese....it reminded me
that I have been wanting to ask this vast group about something for a
while....

As I've mentioned before, I live on lake front property in Northern
Wisconsin...my garden center (on the same property) is on the corner of two
very busy highways as well. Our 2 acres does have shoreline that is far away
from the highways, but the DNR has strict laws about livestock within 1000
feet of the lake...so...alas I am without goats and chickens at this point in
my life.

They did suggest that I could keep native foul for eggs and butchering (seems
like an oxymoron to me???), just no domestic birds or foul...but I have had
trouble finding any information about keeping "wild" birds along the lake.
Housing would be the biggest concern during the winter up here....I
mean...geez...they all fly south for the winters as a rule....

Anyone who knows about this sort of thing can either contact me through this
list..or contact me at my email addy....love and peace...lynnann