permaculture - [permaculture] Urban Permaculture in Brooklyn feat. Andrew Faust

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Adriana Magaña" <dreikycaprice@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Urban Permaculture in Brooklyn feat. Andrew Faust
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 15:07:54 -0400

Hello All!

I am presenting a series of workshops featuring guest lecturer and
Permaculture instructor *Andrew Faust from The Center for Bioregional
Living. Andrew is an excellent and inspiring teacher with a very keen
ability to bridge
the gap between problems and solutions. I am really very excited to be
able to present
these series of workshops to you all here in NYC. Come learn about the
options that exist and choices we can make as residents of this rich
and diverse city and planet that we call home.
Come and LEARN!

For those of you that are getting this out West, Andrew will be doing
a workshop tour in December with stops in Seattle, Portland, Ashland, San
Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego.

See you then!
Adriana Magaña

Regenerating Urban Ecologies and Economies: Nutritional Healing for
Bodies and Minds

August 18th and 19th

Permaculture, Ecology and Biodynamics: Design Ideas for Your Home and Garden.

Learn about Permaculture ideas that can improve your quality of life,
simplify your needs and increase your leisure and family time. We will
discuss organic gardening, building with local natural materials,
ecological lawn, meadow, stream and wetland care, orchards,
composting, off-the-grid water systems, and domestic and wild animal
management. By cooperating with ecological processes we can create
abundance and beauty. Bring questions about your garden and home.
2-5pm $50

August 25th and 26th

Urban Permaculture : Creating Green and Edible Cityscapes

Come learn how to regenerate New York City neighborhoods to be
ecological, biodiverse and food providing.
Learn how to: grow organic and biodynamic fruits nuts and berries,
create organic raised vegetable beds in inner city garden plots with
hand tools, cultivate gourmet mushrooms, employ living roofs and
rooftop gardens, make tinctures and salves, make fermented foods,
whole foods, sprouted grains and beans, use rain garden designs to
prevent flooding and clean water creating a beautiful wetland garden.
2-5pm $50

September 1st

Ecological Consciousness: Exploring Our Sense of the Sacred and
Learning to Live Well with the Earth.

We will explore the spiritual, ethical and moral aspects of a deep
appreciation for the Earth, and the spiritual relationship between
human beings as biological organisms and their ecological environment,
the Gaia organism. Our ecological crisis is interrelated with our
spiritual crisis and derrives from an absence of a sense of the sacred
and from a lack of awareness of the fact that our own well being is
intrinsically and inseparably interwoven with the well being of the
Earth.
Becoming responsible stewards of the Earth can begin to heal human
communities, spiritually and ecologically. We can create ways to live
with vitality and abundance that cooperate and enhance the health of
the Earth and her ecosystems with ecologically sound, locally adapted,
biologically and community powered infrastructures and educational
models that enhance the evolution of ecological consciousness.
6-9pm $30

* Andrew Faust is a certified Permaculture designer and alternative
school teacher with 15 years of experience in bioregional education
and nearly 20 years designing and working with diverse landscapes. He
is presently doing Permaculture design work for nonprofits, businesses
and homeowners which encompasses: land prospecting, wastewater
treatment systems, sustainable forest management, restoration of
stream corridors and wetlands, designing and siting natural buildings,
orchard and garden design and layout, composting and much more. He has
been homesteading off the grid in WV for six years where he has
developed The Center for Bioregional Living to offer courses and
internships.

Classes will be held at Picasso Machinery 45 Broadway, Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Payment in advance not necessary but you must pre-register. Limited space.

To register for class email andrew@homebiome.com
or just reply to this email!

  • [permaculture] Urban Permaculture in Brooklyn feat. Andrew Faust, Adriana Magaña, 08/04/2007