permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Agrofuels (aka biofuels) and phytoremediation of petroleum hydrocarbons

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jedd <jedd@progsoc.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Agrofuels (aka biofuels) and phytoremediation of petroleum hydrocarbons
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 23:18:48 +1000

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Jamie Nicol wrote:
> When Bill Mollison labelled those who would attach some spiritual practice
> to PC 'Woo-Woo', he effectively limited the very real difference PC might
> have made.
> I'm trying to describe a religiosity that is not a religion,
> a philosophy that is not metaphysical and a nature that is
> not a dualism with humanity at the opposite pole.

I don't understand your rationale for the first assertion, and I
can't follow the second (but I've only had two glasses of wine ;)

> This email is intended to counter the overly practical nature of the
> action of no-action.

I suggest the word you seek is cunctatious.

Not just 'to not do something' ...
... but to not do something *intentionally*.

It's a dreadfully handy word, despite the early 20th century
inter-war / political connotations. It sounds so much more
thoughtful than just saying you're sitting and watching.

Mind, I don't believe that being overly practical is something
that should ever need 'correcting'.

Jedd.