permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Corporations and Organics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Corporations and Organics
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:03:49 -0400

That is easy. The Organic Consumer Association where I got this from is
conducting a boycott against Dean Food's Horizon Milk and Silk Soy brands.?
Cows are being kept in terrible confined conditions and they will buy cows
that weren't raised organically and use them in their herds etc. etc.? A lot
of the soy is sourced from China and Brazil. It is destructive to the
environment, their are human rights abuses of the farm workers etc. For more
details see:

http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/oca/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=4756

Also go to the main website http://www.organicconsumers.org?and start reading
more of?what is going on.? In my opinion the decision by many organic farmers
to get a national organic standard was a disaster.? They opened the door to
corporations and once the corporations got their foot in the door it only
took the Bush Administration to listen to them and to begin shredding the
organic standards.?

We have to move towards the goal of local sustainable food sources.