permaculture - [permaculture] Organic certification labels

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Diver <steved@ipa.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Organic certification labels
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 11:36:26 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Wrong. USDA Organics does not allow chemical
fertilizers of pesticides of any sort whatsoever.

ALL of the accreditated certifying agencies that
certify organically grown foods under the USDA-NOP
follow the same guidelines.

IOIA provides professional training for organic
farm inspection.

Where did you hear that chemical fertilizers
are allowed in USDA organics? It sounds like
a B-rated martian movie from Saturday nite TV.

Steve Diver