permaculture - Re: [permaculture] anti-semitism or naivete

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Trudie Redding" <tredding@mail.utexas.edu>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] anti-semitism or naivete
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:40:20 -0500

Hi Robert and Laurence, Even the word wuss has connotations, it stems
from don't be a pussy, but I don't assume that you know that but as a
woman I do notice this "barb" and watch for other signs of anti women
manners in the speaker. It's only natural I think to be vigilant to
defend yourself when what you consider to be slurs are made. No offense
taken with your use of this word, only as someone commented it is really
hard to have a conversation if you have to worry about all of these
things, but hey I have to worry whenever I have a conversation with a
Christian that I may offend them, it comes with the territory of being
human and trying to communicate.

Trudie