permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Keep it in the neighbourhood | Free exchange |Economist.com

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Keep it in the neighbourhood | Free exchange |Economist.com
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 13:56:09 -0700

That's true, even in the densely populated SF Bay Area, every place outside of city limits (specifically outside city zoning) has these kinds of signs. It's not necessarily far from the cities, either -- just 5 or 10 miles out. Traditionally the goal is to generate income from multiple sources, especially if the main source of income is land-based, so rather than being a restrictive livelihood ("low-income", "less skilled", "inefficient"), it's more like creative multitasking.