permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Honey Bees

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tommy Tolson <healinghawk@earthlink.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Honey Bees
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 18:42:52 -0500

It's just one of my hunches (that are usually correct, eventually) but I think that CCD is a Horizontal Gene Transfer of GMO genes into the bacteria in bees' guts, giving them the equivalent of AIDS, suppressing their immune systems so profoundly that the next common pathogen they contact kills them. If this attachment stays on, it tells the chilling story of what we know (and don't) about HGTs. It's like a smart person's call to arms against GMOs. Congress has to get them out of the landscape now or we face the most grave danger ever, I think. Apparently this guy had to go all the way to New Zealand to be able to tell the truth about GMOs.

Tommy Tolson