permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture as noun, verb, adjective

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@meadows.pair.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture as noun, verb, adjective
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:16:01 -0500

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:07:19 -0600, you wrote:

>Permaculture is generally used as a noun. But in english, we are always
>turning nouns into verbs, and I was wondering how people felt about using
>permaculture as a verb.

People murder other people a lot too, but that doesn't make it
desirable.... <g>

>e.g. "Permaculture that planet!" (actually, that would be a command
>imperative.)
>
>or "you too can permaculture your yard."
>
>Adjective
>
>The "Permacultured Kitchen"
>
>Adverb
>
>I would like to work permaculturally for several years.
>
>I am curious as to other's thoughts on this. Does this vocal evolution
>detract from understanding permaculture as a whole systems approach to
>design?

It's sufficiently ugly that I winced when I read it....Yuck.

Yes, I think it would detract from the whole system approach concept.

Pat
Blog: http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com

'Every one of us can do something to protect and
care for our planet. We should live in such a way
that makes a future possible.' - Thich Nhat Hanh