permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [midwestpermaculture] Fwd: Organic Agriculture in Nepal

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [midwestpermaculture] Fwd: Organic Agriculture in Nepal
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 13:10:29 +1100

You might be interested to know Permaculture International Ltd (PIL)
recently provided a grant to contribute towards the SADP pc course from the
PIL PermaFund donations.

Donations to PermaFund are tax deductible in Australia. PermaFund has also
supported the excellent post-tsunami work of IDEP in Aceh, Indonesia, where
they are now establishing a pc training centre.

Ciao
Robyn
(PIL PermaFund Committee member)

On 4/2/07 4:36 AM, "mIEKAL aND" <dtv@mwt.net> wrote:

> This looks like a very interesting project happening in Nepal. I
> just plain don't have time to respond to him now but maybe someone
> else can offer his project some thoughtful advice or contacts. I
> assume he is already in contact with Chris Evans who had a big hand
> in starting the Jajarkot Permaculture Program. (I've pasted his
> attachment on the bottom of his email.)
>
> ~mIEKAL
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: "SADP Nepal" <sadpnepal@gmail.com>
>>> Date: February 2, 2007 12:06:48 AM CST
>>> To: dtv@mwt.net
>>> Subject: Organic Agriculture in Nepal
>>>
>>> Dear Sir,
>>>
>>> Nepal is an agro based country. Near about 85 % people are solely
>>> depend with agriculture. In this context, with out developing of
>>> this field the country cannot be developed as a whole which is my
>>> own view. Viewing to this
>>> I am struggling in the field of organic agriculture. Organic
>>> agriculture/permaculture is only way to save and heal this earth
>>> what thought. For this purpose we have established a demonstration
>>> a farm named Setivalley Intergrated Organic Farm (SIOF) which is
>>> under construction where we want to apply permaculture principle
>>> as well. Our main goal of this is to disseminate of organic
>>> agriculture/permaculture/biodynamic/biointesive/ecology etc in
>>> sustainable
>>> way.