permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The key issue

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The key issue
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 17:44:30 -0500

Marsha Hanzi wrote:

But, more seriously, there has been a thread in the permaculture movement, stemming from Mollison himself, of separativity, of considering some people "enemies". It is difficult to move the world forward if we are in armed camps. I think that phase is finally over, and I particularly appreciate David Holmgren´s efforts in this respect.
I confronted the first "network" of permaculture in Brazil headon because it had as one of its tenets that the network
> was "completely separated" from anything else, when it seems to me that we
should affirm that we are
"completely connected"! Happily the new PERMEaR network of permaculture practicioners here has that posture, and is doing beautiful work.

David lectured at UNC Chapel Hill a while ago. The event was well attended.
Here's the notice for it: