permaculture - [permaculture] talking dominant style

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Riley <reuselumber@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] talking dominant style
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:20:31 -0800 (PST)

The 'discussion' surrounding Religion, New Agers, Ishmaelism (Takers vs.
Leavers), good, bad and government....and we wonder why this isn't included
in Permaculture as a system design component or function. The PDC would most
likely have to be extended to 3 weeks if religio/spiritual ideals were to be
included.

A thread that I notice running through the many emails is a tendacy to mimic
in our opinion, the aspects of what we don't like about the other view. Umm,
that may sound wonky, I 'm trying to get it straight here. It seems like
everyone wants to be right, er, Dominating opinions are what I like least
about belief systems. Kindness, giving, compassion are what attract me to
belief systems, other belief systems than mine.

Is there a commonality in behaviour within all beliefs that are either
attractive or repelling? Is that biological or zoological reaction? Perhaps I
like to be on the edge of the systems because it's so philosophically
fertile...

I gots no attachment to the pop theory that I crapped on about...just working
through the discussion in my mind, about these emails. No offence intended
anywhere.

Lastly, one thing I heard awhile back concerns the Ego. The Ego creates
separation in order to distance itself from others; to remain alive the Ego
must remain detached and distant.

Domination seems the conventional cultural model; Dominating language,
stances, opinions, actions. There are folks out there that practice the
opposite of that model...may I be strong enough to be one.

Dominantly yours,

David

Message: 4