permaculture - [permaculture] your support/comments

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Don" <ujgs2@4dirs.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] your support/comments
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:32:11 -0700

Fellow Permies,
I'm asking for your input for a project I feel would be beneficial for the
healing of the Earth and the rift between some factions of PC

Below and Attached is my idea for a Global ritual that I need your help with.

I'll say that I have not partisipated much on this list but I'm very involved
with my local list in the Phoenix, AZ metro area. So I'll stick my neck out
and see what happens.

Will you help by sending this out to other lists?
Comments welcome....

Global Solstice Vision 2006

This is a sincere request to all the Permaculturists around the Globe.

I propose a moment in time to focus our positive energies, leaving our
politics aside for a few minutes and gather our consciousness for our
generally agreed upon ethic "Care of the Earth"

I propose that at the time of the setting sun on the Solstice 2006 we all
take a moment to reflect upon our vision of a Sustainable Earth and
collectively raise awareness of all humans with our message.

I am somewhat new to Permaculture and sometime feel alone in a sea of
destructive paradigms of Earth Rape and Pillage. I do my best in my area and
I know you do too. As individuals we will make a difference, but as global
warming speeds up I feel out task will get harder and harder.

So on my knees I beg you to join in the Global moment of positive visioning,
for our sakes and all other beings we share this planet with and for all the
generations that will inherit our legacy! Let's join our hearts and minds at
this Solstice to become One Heart and One Mind for the furtherance of
sustainable living on our home planet.

A few minutes of your time is all I ask (even one minute is fine)

On the assigned day (at sunset) please find a comfortable place outside or
inside looking out for a time of contemplation and visioning. Please
visualize all the many places around the world you have traveled to or wish
to visit and BE there. See it flourish, see all beings harmoniously
interacting, feel the joy. Hold that vision as you switch from place to
place. Then if you wish end with this statement..

I am a caregiver of the Earth. I honour all that is sacred and connect to the
Global Vision of a sustainable society with peace and harmony for all.

(end as you would in your spiritual tradition)

Many thanks to you all, Peace, Peace, Peace,

Don Titmus, Mesa AZ. (a Brit living in America)

  • [permaculture] your support/comments, Don, 11/30/2006