permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Earth Meanders

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sustain_ability@123mail.org
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Earth Meanders
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:33:18 -0500

Not to rain on your parade, but I believe I have found the definitively
objective site on Global Warming, here:

http://climatesci.atmos.colostate.edu/main-conclusions/

A brief quote:
"..
Humans are significantly altering the global climate, but in a variety
of diverse ways beyond the radiative effect of carbon dioxide. The IPCC
assessments have been too conservative in recognizing the importance of
these human climate forcings as they alter regional and global climate.
These assessments have also not communicated the inability of the models
to accurately forecast the spread of possibilities of future climate.
The forecasts, therefore, do not provide any skill in quantifying the
impact of different mitigation strategies on the actual climate response
that would occur.."

My own interest - in that Peak Oil will and does already justify an
interest in PC - is reinforced.

George
-- "The most prevalent deception of the oil era is that the only
alternative to it is the stone age."
http://transitions.stumbleupon.com

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely differentÂ…