permaculture - [permaculture] hot composting of vegetable scraps

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Fritz <johnfritz77@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, yarrow@sfo.com
  • Subject: [permaculture] hot composting of vegetable scraps
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 03:25:04 -0800 (PST)

Do you have any reference for "hot compostiing" of kitchen and garden wastes?
I generally just toss these into a chicken wire bin and let them decompose
at their own rate over the course of the summer. Hot composting sounds like
fun, and I would like to learn this technique. Thanks for any insights.

John Fritz, NW Arkansas.

Message: 3