permaculture - [permaculture] Need plant variety ID

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Charles de Matas" <cdematas@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Need plant variety ID
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 16:32:51 +0000

I'm also interested in growing a little millet, it may be suitable here in the tropics. Have tried birdseed but haven't gotten any germination. The commercial birdseed we get is probably radiated or something to prevent germination.
A type of leaf amaranth grows as a weed here in Trinidad. It is also cultivated as a spinach crop, but farmers use a lot of nitrogen fertilizer for this. I have a few plants growing and will try to save the seeds. The seeds are black and very tiny.

Charles de Matas

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/