permaculture - Re: [permaculture] end of cheap oil=end of middle class? and cuban video

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hoog <livingpotentials@yahoo.com>
  • To: evansdk@earthlink.net, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] end of cheap oil=end of middle class? and cuban video
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 06:05:56 -0700 (PDT)

www.communitysolutions.org

Kathleen Evans <evansdk@earthlink.net> wrote: David Travis wrote: "It would
be very hard to come up with alternatives to
petroleum products all on your own, but it wouldn't be hard if you were
part of a relocalized economy where there were cooperatively owned
businesses which -- in addition to homesteading and farming themselves
-- might specialize in manufacturing some time-saving products for extra
cash."

David, do you mean non-electric low-tech gadgets, hand tools, stuff like
that?
All this reminds me of E.F. Shoemacher's book of thirty or so years ago,
Small Is Beautiful, Economics As If People Mattered. If we are in for some
hard times there seems such richness and wholeness attached to the
difficulties if we can manage to survive them.
Also can someone please re-send the link about the video of Cuban city food
producing from a few weeks back? Had a computer virus and lost all old emails
among other things. Thanks, Kathy

Kathy Evans
evansdk@earthlink.net