permaculture - [permaculture] BY THE LIGHT OF A BURNING BRIDGE

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Charles de Matas" <cdematas@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] BY THE LIGHT OF A BURNING BRIDGE
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:44:36 +0000

Why is this topic on THIS list? It's been on every other list I'm on but I do NOT see the relationship to Permaculture? Unless Michael's starting an ecovillage there?

I agree, I found it interesting to read, but maybe not what I expect from this list.
I have always been inspired by the life of Scott Nearing. He was also marginalized in the U.S. for his political views. He thought about leaving the U.S. but decided to stay and went back to the land. With his wife Helen he built a homestead in Vermont, and later moved to Maine. Their books on Living the Good Life inspired several generations of homesteaders and the back to the land movement. I don't know if Mike Ruppert has any such intentions. But I wish him luck in Venezuela, there's a much more interesting political climate there than in the U.S. where it may be difficult for someone with a conscience to live. I hope he finds peace.
I sometimes think: what would a person like Scott Nearing have done if he had lived in the tropics?

Charles

  • [permaculture] BY THE LIGHT OF A BURNING BRIDGE, Charles de Matas, 08/31/2006