permaculture - [permaculture] I'm pumped

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "J. Kolenovsky" <garden@hal-pc.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] I'm pumped
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 07:27:02 -0500

Today I peaked at my pond on the way to my wife in ICU (explosion
http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/03_14a.jpg) and noticed what looked like a
shed snake skin. Upon careful inspection it was! It belongs to a Nerodia
erythrogaster flavigaster or Yellowbelly Water Snake (commonly found in
eastern Harris county) http://www.houstonherp.com/YellowbellyWS.html. He has
been around since 2003 if I'm not mistaken. He resides under the house as
I'm on pier and beam. I'm glad I immediately washed my hands as 16 - 92% of
shed snake skins have salmonella. Hmmm, yum. Lets go to dinner. Anyway, it
goes to show that my yard is a real habitat
(http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/Dscn0348b.jpg). Pumped like Swartzenagger
(yeah, right).

J. Kolenovsky
--