permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Swiki

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: webmaster@pfaf.org
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Swiki
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:24:55 +0100

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 03:51:25 +0930
From: Mark Moody <ecoresources@bigpond.com>
Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Swiki
To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>

Hi everyone.

Please participate in an experiment with me! You have probably heard of the permaculture wiki. I have just created the Permaculture Swicki (a search wiki) which can be optimised by you just like any other wiki. This is a search engine that learns from our community's search behavior and is specifically relevant to permaculture. It apparently gets better with use and is pointed at all the major permie sites.

If you have a website or blog you can also post the swicki searchbox and buzzcloud (working example below) on your own site. This will grow the permaculture swicki community and increase the learning effect. Give it a try as a searcher or as a webmaster. Searches seem really spot on to me. What do you think?

Here is the address as a URL. http://permaculture-swicki.eurekster.com/

cheers

Mark Moody

Nice but for two points.
1) Its not open source software.
2) You can only host it on their site. Hence restrictive terms of use, inability to fork.

Rich

--
Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Web: http://www.pfaf.org/