permaculture - Re: [permaculture] hardy bananas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] hardy bananas
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:25:12 -0500

I wouldn't buy anything from Ty-Ty if I were you...

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/south/msg031557199110.html?16

On May 31, 2006, at 1:18 PM, Rain Tenaqiya wrote:

Ty-Ty nursery in Georgia has several hardy banana varieties, one that has produced fruit in Zone 6. Apparently they die back every Winter, but store enough energy in their roots to occassionally produce fruit. The warmer your climate, the more fruit you will get. I'd love to hear how they perform.

Rain