permaculture - Re: [permaculture] mushroom compost question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: andrew phillips <greenman124@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] mushroom compost question
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:35:22 -0800 (PST)

If you recompost using Berkeley method you'll
neatralize the inorganics because of generated heat -
this is my understanding anyway.

If you mix mushroom compost with other organic compost
you'll reduce inorganic load and inorganics may leach
out quite quickly anyway.

If you include plenty of nitrogen fixers in the system
you will further reduce impact of inorganics.

If you really into this you might do before and after
soil tests to see what happened!

Andrew