permaculture - [permaculture] processing quinoa ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lisa in Oregon <lisamaciver8@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] processing quinoa ?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:53:08 -0700 (PDT)

Not sure it's entirely appropriate for this list, but then I'm not
sure if any other list would be better...

I grew a few quinoa plants. The harvested grains are brown. Seeds
planted ranged in color from tan to brown (it's "Qunioa - Multihued").

I've got them soaking, and have agitated, very little soapiness and
the seeds are still bitter. After 24 hours of soaking they have a
nice soaked grain texture, nice except for the terrible bitter
aftertaste. Am I missing something?

Lisa in Ashland Oregon

http://farechase.yahoo.com