permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Records???

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "robscott@freeshell.org" <robscott@freeshell.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Records???
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 16:49:55 +0000 (UTC)

If someone wanted to apply Permaculture by starting a record label,
what would it look like?

These people are doing independent non-corporate music recording, in a local network (the NC triad area), have an anti-racism focus, and are promoting social diversity in North Carolina. The only image of humans on their site has a big "no war" t-shirt in the middle of it.

I support this use of the word Permaculture - people care, localization, fighting corporatization of their medium, pro-diversity, anti-war. They don't mention earth care but their imagery is grass, soil and flowerpots... I wonder where they heard the word "Permaculture"?

Rob Scott
Urbana Permaculture Project
Urbana, IL