permaculture - [permaculture] Seed saving question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Carrie Shepard" <outlikeelijah@gbronline.com>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Seed saving question
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:00:02 -0500

I've asked on some smaller garden lists and not gotten a solid answer yet.
Can someone tell me if there is anything special you do to collect and save
malabar spinach seeds? I haven't been successful at these reseeding
themselves yet and want to be sure I have some for next season.

I collected some, put them in a brown paper bag and stomped on them to get
the liquidy pink stuff to squish out so they'd dry. Is there a better way
to do this? Did I collect them too soon, since they were still moist around
the seed? The seed itself was dry and hard.

Thanks,
Carrie