permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Miscanthus

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Miscanthus
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:51:24 -0400

Toby Hemenway wrote:

evaluated, but I think Miscanthus's classification as invasive is based on
the usual xenophobic viewpoint of the invasion biologists and natives-only
crowd. (You know, the ones who eat oats and wheat for breakfast before
spraying blackberries with Garlon-A in my local wetland . . . Don't get me
started.) That billboard is a damn sight more invasive than the lovely grass
is.

What is Garlon-A. Anything like roundup, atrazine, 24d, other?