permaculture - Re: [permaculture] geezzz...lions in Highland Park, IL?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] geezzz...lions in Highland Park, IL?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 00:22:23 -0400

LANT wrote:
Reading and communicating with this group is like going back to a CompuServe
bulletin board days...takes me back to the early eighties and DOS and HTML
sites at the U of IL...

DOS 3,4,5,6, RA + FD + Tosscan, FidoNet, SUST_AG echo, netmail, dialup BBS's ----> Internet, FTP, Gopher, email, newsgroups.... those were the days.

Anyway....regarding Lions and Tigers and Bears..oh my...

If they eat Purple Loosestrife...bring 'em on...

Seriously...are there any live Permaculture groups active in Zone 3??? I
can't get away from my garden center to visit NM....it would seem everything
is happening in NM, CA and Australia...

I lived a permaculture life in zone 7, 10 years ago.......but have been in Northern
Wisconsin for 4 and can't find anything relating to colder climates....I'm managing in
my little micro-climate...but would love to bring "the WORD" to this area.....

I am in Zone 7, Central Piedmont NC.

YEP...it's one thing when your in a climate where you can grow all year
long...but what about when you have less than 2 months of growing season...

Use season extending techniques, row covers, greenhouses - see Eliot Coleman's New Organic Grower.