permaculture - Re: [permaculture] question for Larry London

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] question for Larry London
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:47:30 -0400

Arina Pittman wrote:

Arina M. Pittman
EcoVersity
Managing Director
505-424-9797
www.ecoversity.org

Greetings Larry, Arina is here, Scott Pittman's wife, with a question for you. First of all, thanks so much for hosting our permaculture website with the
ibiblio for all this time, free of charge. People are finding it, and using
it as a reference, even though it has not been updated in ages (something I
am working on...).

I am writing today to see if ibiblio is interested in offering free or
reduced cost hosting for another website, for the organization I direct
(www.ecoversity.org). At the moment, it is a simple website, but in the near

Absolutely.
.org's and .net's are ibiblio-hostable but not .com's. No point of sale transactions - best to keep it non-commercial with discreet advertising only. This should not be a hindrance for an EcoVersity website.

future we hope to get a grant to use a content management database to list
our classes and events with more flexibility. I don't know if you can still
offer this service (EcoVersity is a non-profit), and whether your server can
handle the data base. Please let me know and feel free to check on
EcoVersity with Scott.
Best
Arina