permaculture - [permaculture] waterproofing yurt canvas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Oswaldo <espervaldo@wanadoo.fr>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] waterproofing yurt canvas
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:18:18 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everyone, i have read with great attention what had been said about
waterproofing canvas using natural products (oil, beeswax and pine sap). I am
currently experimenting with this recipe too on a heavy flax canvas. I wanted
to hear from people (and especially Yaya since she started the topic) who
tried the recipe to get some feedback. How did it work? How can you make sure
it will stand the sun and not melt (as i saw it happen)? Which are the
proportions that you used? thanks, oswaldo