permaculture - Re: [permaculture] GREENS CALL SUPREME COURT'S DECISION ON EMINENT DOMAIN 'LEGALIZATION OF THEFT'

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: George Mogiljansky <mogiljan@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] GREENS CALL SUPREME COURT'S DECISION ON EMINENT DOMAIN 'LEGALIZATION OF THEFT'
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:04:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Brent,

This ruling inadvertently (or not) defines and
enshrines what being rich is during the current very
short and distorted time frame; it could be designed
to prolong said time frame.

The ruling reveals an utter ignorance of economics;
was there no economic advice either sought or given
during the Court's discussions?

The essence of all human social and economic behaviour
is free association. (This has been undermined in
Canada in various rulings by our Supreme Court.)

The social burden that the Green Party usually
represents has increased a million-fold. The original
constitution is being dismantled and/or demolished.
Either the Greens or someone else must reclaim the
original constitution or formulate a new one. In any
case, a country-wide vote is likely necessary. Are
there any procedures in place, e.g. recall votes,
etc.?

George (Canada)

--- Brent McMillan <brent@gp.org> wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
> I'm relatively new to the list. I would like to
> function as a conduit
> between the permaculture movement and the Green
> Party, if you'll let me.
>

> In Service:
>
> Brent McMillan, Political Director
> Green Party of the United States
> 202-319-7191
> brent@gp.org
>
> GREEN PARTY OF THE UNITED STATES
> http://www.gp.org
>
> For Immediate Release:
> Tuesday, June 28, 2005
>
> Contacts:
> Scott McLarty, Media Coordinator, 202-518-5624,
> mclarty@greens.org Nancy
> Allen, Media Coordinator, 207-326-4576,
> nallen@acadia.net
>

> GREENS CALL SUPREME COURT'S DECISION ON EMINENT
> DOMAIN 'LEGALIZATION OF
> THEFT'
>
> While Democratic and Republican officials side with
> developers, Greens vow to remain a bulwark against
> the condemnation of
> private homes.
>

> WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Green Party leaders sharply
> criticized the Supreme Court's June 23 decision in
> the
> Kelo v. City of New London case, calling it a
> "legalization of theft."
>
> The decision expands the power of government to
> condemn private property ('eminent domain'),
> permitting officials to transfer property from one
> private owner to another.
..[snip]..

> Greens especially praised Justice O'Connor's
> dissenting opinion:
>
> "Any property may now be taken for the benefit of
> another private property, but the fallout from this
> decision will not be random. The beneficiaries are
> likely to be those citizens with disproportionate
> influence and power in the political process,
> including large corporations and development firms.
> As for the victims, the government now has license
> to transfer property from those with fewer resources
to those with more. The Founders cannot have intended
> this perverse result."
>

> MORE INFORMATION
>
> Green Party of the United States
> http://www.gp.org
> 1700 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 404
> Washington, DC 20009.
> 202-319-7191, 866-41GREEN
> Fax 202-319-7193
>

> ~ END ~

http://www.geocities.com/mogiljan/SustainableFuture.html
Check out Dr. Williams' Proposal for a Solar Tower
http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/mogiljan
To obtain three pdf files (600k) -
send your Yahoo ID only to download; or I will send via email attachment.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail