permaculture - Re: [permaculture] a pool into a pond?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Greg <FarmerGreg@UrbanFarm.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] a pool into a pond?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:10:04 -0700

Camille,

I have done several pools to ponds here in Phoenix.

When you speak of filter media are you talking about the sand inside the filter or the filter itself?

If you have any consideration about using the pool in the future I would line the pool.

Greg

does anyone have any direct experience or a really
GREAT reference about turning a swimming pool into a
pond?

there is ALOT of great info on the web, but am still
having difficulty with a couple decisions.

ie. whether i should remove the exsisting filter media
or keep it so it can be converted back if needed?

whether i should use a liner or not (it's a slick
black tiled pool.

(again to preserve it case they want to go back).

i'm also curious if anyone has done it with an
"upfilter" which could be appropriate in this case
considering the grade?

finally, has anyone used an ALS 600 Biofilter?
i like the security and warranty but i really want

go with my own "homemade" series of plastic drums with
layered filter medium?

kinda nervous with this one.

thanks so much for considering this?

you can email if line too : camcim@yahoo.com