permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Announcement - New Drylandscope Discussion Forum]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Announcement - New Drylandscope Discussion Forum]
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:54:10 -0400

Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:05:49 -0400
From: Adam White <adam@DRYLANDSCOPE.ORG>

*Apologies for Cross Posting*

Greetings,

We at Drylandscope would like to properly acknowledge the support we have
received from everyone since we launched our new web presence in October
2004. Since this time, our website has seen considerable traffic, as well as
submissions to the eLibrary and news pertinent to the needs of our Users. It
is this level of collaboration that has encouraged us that those allied with
our organizational mission regard our web resources as a direct benefit to
their work.

Significantly, we have received a tremendous response from interested
parties via email, though many of these individuals have not formally
registered through our website. Since we originally launched our website, a
growing number of interested individuals have asked for a way to access our
forums through email. As a result of the immense commitment expressed in
these communications, we believed that we might more effectively support the
growing drylands management networks by providing a simple email-based
forum.

We are pleased to now offer this service to you. This service will not
replace the existing online forums; rather it will be unified with them, as
messages posted through one interface will automatically post through the
other. We believe that this strategy will allow a far broader range of
participants to access the discussions and will activate the discourse
toward our practical, solutions-oriented approach.

There are two ways to subscribe to the Drylandscope Discussion Forum Mailing
list: Web and Email.

1) To subscribe on the Web, please visit either the REGISTER or FORUMS links
on the right side of http://www.drylandscope.org/. If you are a new user,
you will need to register your:

· Preferred “User Name”
· Preferred “Password”
· Preferred Email Address
· Country
· Organization/Affiliation

After registration, you will have complete access to our eLibrary and
Forums.

Then, to subscribe to the Mailing List, just click on the “Mailing List”
link at the top of the http://www.drylandscope.org/ Discussion Forum, after
Logging In. Select the Discussion forum to subscribe to, and click the
Subscribe button. You will then be able to post messages and receive
replies on any and all posts to the Forum.

Also, to receive Discussion Forum messages as an archive sent collectively
on an either daily or weekly basis, click on the “Digest” link at the top of
the http://www.drylandscope.org/ Discussion Forum, after Logging In. After
selecting preferences, simply click the “Make Digest Changes” button at the
bottom of the page.

2) To subscribe via Email, please send an email to:

subscribe@drylandscope.org

In the subject line type, “SUBSCRIBE”,

And in the body of the email include your:

· Preferred “User Name”
· Preferred “Password”
· Preferred Email Address
· Country
· Organization/Affiliation
· Preference for either Individual Email Messages or a Digest Format

After subscribing, you will receive one email confirming receipt of your
subscription request. You should then receive a second email within 24 hours
of your original request informing you about how to post messages to the
group, in addition to other relevant information.

After this time, you will be free to participate in discussions and access
the registered user areas of our website using your User Name and Password.

Note that this email address is for standardised forum subscription requests
only. All inquiries regarding subscription status, technical issues, or
general questions should be directed to:

info@drylandscope.org.

We are very excited to be able to provide a more dynamic interface for our
users, and it would not have occurred had you not given us such constructive
feedback. Please do not hesitate to recommend any updates to our web
resources, as it is our commitment to support our users with the value of
these resources.

In addition, our eLibrary has continued to grow from your submissions. We
now have a formal procedure for electronic submissions on our website for
registered users, however we will continue to accept submissions via email
at submissions@drylandscope.org. Please direct any existing links to
relevant content not currently available through our website to our
attention via this address. We also very much encourage allied
organizations to request reciprocal links to our website in an effort to
better strengthen existing networks.

Please forward this announcement on to interested colleagues. I look forward
to our future discussions.

Kind Regards,

Adam White

Drylandscope
practical solutions to land degradation in drylands worldwide

Adam White, Director
710 Gaskill St., SE
Atlanta, Georgia 30316
USA
1-404-223-3699
http://www.drylandscope.org/

  • [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Announcement - New Drylandscope Discussion Forum], Lawrence F. London, Jr., 06/22/2005