permaculture - [permaculture] Fruit Trees and Mesquite Bean Harvest

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Greg <FarmerGreg@UrbanFarm.org>
  • To: Recipient List Suppressed: ;
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fruit Trees and Mesquite Bean Harvest
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:37:51 -0700

Hi all,

Tis time for our next classes in urban trees. This month along with our normal fruit tree class we will be discussing the upcoming mesquite bean harvest and milling and how to go about collecting and preparing the beans.

The Milling will be November 5th somewhere in the central Phoenix area. So go out and collect your beans and then get them milled.

Wednesday June 22 - Fruit tree class & fruit tasting - 7:00 pm - We are starting a little early this year as I figured that I would share the 'fruits' of our labor as in May and June we harvest peaches, apricots and apples. Fruit trees in the desert. Learn what to plant, what grows well and what doesn't in the desert, the single most important thing you need to know before you buy a fruit tree and more. We cover apples, pears, stone, citrus, and specialty fruits. You will also be able to purchase fruit trees for delivery in January. $8 class cost which includes a lot of printed materials. - Taught by Greg Peterson.

Class at the Urban farm
6750 N 13th Place
Registration Information is below.
More information Call Greg - 602-565-7045
--

***ATTENTION*** Please note my new email address. FarmerGreg@UrbanFarm.org

The Urban Farm
Growing good food
Having fun gardening
Connecting with nature

Greg Peterson
http://www.urbanfarm.org
602/565-7045

  • [permaculture] Fruit Trees and Mesquite Bean Harvest, Greg, 06/21/2005