permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Grass-suppressing plants

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jay Woods <woodsjay@cox.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Grass-suppressing plants
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:04:32 -0500

I know that I like the early blue-purple flowers in the spring and the odor
when it is walked on or mowed. And I don't miss the grass. Other uses are
mentioned in:

http://landscaping.about.com/cs/weedsdiseases/a/ground_ivy.htm

The various mints that grow about the place: rough mint, spearmint, and
peppermint aren't as invasive although the peppermint isn't bad.