permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Control of Peach Tree Borer

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Control of Peach Tree Borer
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:15:59 +1000

Is the mulch in contact with the tree trunk base? It's important to never
place mulch next to or up against the base of a tree as it can encourage
harmful insect and fungal activity. Make sure the mulch is scraped back from
the base of the tree at least 4-6 inches. Where the trees most need mulch is
around the drip-line zone where the greatest concentrations of feeder roots
occur.
Ciao
Robyn