permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Feeding a family of four

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lisa in Oregon <lisamaciver8@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Feeding a family of four
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:31:01 -0700 (PDT)

You might check out http://pathtofreedom.com/; though it's also a
california climate.

Besides being in a similar climate, I have no data (and probably never
will, the ability to keep such detailed records is not mine). But I'd
like to add: with how much labor, and with what level of skill.

I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect one small nuclear family to
produce all their needs (including meat, textiles and shoes) from raw
materials, in a cold-winter climate, even with many acres of land; it
makes me tired to think of it. Perhaps if one already had acquired
years of practice in all these diverse skills.

Lisa in Oregon